Dear Coffee, I Miss You.

My body has officially rejected coffee. Such a weird phenomenon. Days before I found out I was preggers, I picked up my regular order at Starbucks and was repulsed by the flavor. I blamed and cursed the barista (in my head, of course) for ruining my life. I tried yet again on another  day  and... nope.... Pregnant Joanna says nope.

Good Bye, old friend.
After I found out I was preggers, I did some research on this and it turns out that Momma noses and tastebuds are strong and in charge! We have heightened senses to protect our babies. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a Superpower to me. This is awesome news, guys! I have superpowers!
Also, before I became a Superwoman, my Superman of a husband bought me one of the coolest gifts known to man. A self-heating coffee can. Sounds dangerous, doesn't it?

I went to work a little bit early that day so I can test out this bad boy. I figured I needed extra time to make subplans just in case this can blows off my arms or something.

Step One: Turn over can  and push the button to activate heating device. This is where I said a prayer and waited for the button to activate some kind of bomb.
Notice how it says 1.5 cm? Because any less wouldn't work and any more...who knows what might happen.

Step 2: Shake for 20 seconds. Don't worry, I did follow directions and turned it upright.
Step 3: MIND BLOWN. Drink.

Verdict? It got hot, but it didn't burn my lips or anything. The flavor was ok. It was a little bitter for my liking and it could probably use a few pumps of caramel and whipped cream on top. It wasn't Starbucks, but it does the job. Although this is cool beans, I wouldn't purchase this again.

I guess not having coffee for a few months will be ok. I KNOW I can have some if I really wanted to because everything in moderation wouldn't harm baby, but in my case, it is the flavor that gets me. I just can't seem to taste it like I did before. The smell on the other hand... OoooHhhhhhHH.... so good.
So next time you have some Starbucks, drink one for the homie and her baby. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. That can blows my mind. Seems like it would be awesome camping (haha, like I camp)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so this is super late, but CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you and your husband. =) I bet baby will be super funny and awesome just like his/her mama!

    And that's a bummer about the coffee (and that hot coffee can thingy is SO weird!). I'll enjoy my next cup of joe in your honor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have an iced vanilla chai for you in the morning:)

    That can sounds very cool. It is really an interesting idea.


    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm very intrigued by this self-heating drink business - so interesting! i'd probably be afraid that it would burst into flames or something, so i'd probably have hubs press the button for me. i'm a big wuss like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad to hear that coffee is affecting you that way but if its making you feel terrible I think its okay to let it slide for a while haha

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS